MARY BELL MEMORIAL WINDOW
This window was designed by Clayton and Bell in 1877.
John Clayton and Alfred Bell were well known stained glass window manufacturers based in Regent Street, London.
The window was erected by Edward John Bell (Rector of Alderley 1870 – 1907) in memory of his wife, Mary.
Bell was Rector for 37 years and gave himself unselfishly to the parish for the whole of that time. He loved Alderley and the people of the parish caught enthusiasm from him.
Later on in our tour round the Church, we will visit his memorial window.